Punakha Dzong, situated on a stretch of land where two rivers – the Phochhu and the Mochhu converge, Punakha Dzong was the second Dzong to be built in Bhutan. The Dzong appers as agreat anchored ship. Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel built in 1631. It was named Punthang Dechen Phodrang Dzong or `the Palace of Great Bliss’.

Chimi hakhang

Chimi Lhakhang

Punakha Dzong

Punakha Dzong

Nalanda Buddhist College

Nalanda Buddhist College

Suspension Bridge

Punakha suspension bridge

Sangchhen Dorji Nunnery

Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Lhakhang Nunnery1

Talo Village

Talo Village

Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten

Khamsum Yuelley Namgyel Chorten