Tashichho Dzong has been the seat of the government since 1952 and presently houses the throne room and offices of the king, the secretariat and the ministries of home affairs and finance. Other government departments are housed in buildings nearby.

Tashichho Dzong was first built in 1216 A.D. by Lama Gyalwa Lhanangpa where Dechen Phodrang now remains above Thimphu.

Tashichho DzongIn 1641 Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal procured it yet discovering it too little, he assembled another, known as the lower Dzong. The first dzong was annihilated by flame in 1771 and everything was moved to the lower dzong. The new building was later extended a few times throughout the years. It was harmed amid a seismic tremor in 1897 and remade in 1902. Ruler Jigme Dorji Wangchuck had it totally remodeled and extended more than five years after he moved the funding to Thimpu in 1952 in customary style utilizing neither nails nor composed plans.

Tashichho Dzong has been the seat of the legislature since 1952 and by and by houses the honored position room and workplaces of the ruler, the secretariat and the services of home undertakings and back. Other government divisions are housed in structures close-by.

The dzong is found near Thimphu town, alongside the banks of the Wangchhu River. It is an astonishingly vast structure, encompassed by well-kept yards and excellent patio nurseries.