About 700,000 people reside in Bhutan. Bhutan is a distinctive and truly remote destination to see. Bhutan is thought to be a carbon-negative nation. Bhutan, generally speaking, would appear to be a country with happy individuals. Bhutan is a particular destination, not just for its history, Buddhist culture and unique all-natural environment but also for the degree of protection it has. Bhutan has preserved its special traditions in a way that’s unheard of in today’s world.
Tours to Bhutan from USA: who wish to travel to Bhutan from USA or US require a visa and must book their holiday through a Bhutanese tour operator. Explore Bhutan’s rich culture and stunning environment.
Before travelling to Bhutan from United States, it is important to ensure you have everything sorted out regarding visa requirement, travel insurance and your itinerary either with your local travel agent or your Bhutanese partner. There is no visa on arrival in Bhutan.
Tours to Bhutan from US
Travelling to Bhutan makes it all the more worthwhile in today’s time. Few countries in the world would offer what Bhutan can in terms of a variety of reasons.
Bhutan is a perhaps the most mountainous country in the world. The kingdom of Bhutan is located in South Asia, wedged between the world’s two most populous nations, India and China. Cradled by the southern slopes of the eastern Himalayas this landlocked nation, about the size of Switzerland, is an ancient land of myths and legends where an age-old Himalayan Buddhist culture flourishes to this day.
Visa for Bhutan for US citizens
Visa for Bhutan for US Citizens can be obtained using the help of Local Bhutanese tour operator. Bhutan visa requirements for us citizens would be a copy of Passport with minimum validity of 6 months before your travel date. Bhutan visa cost for us citizens is $40 which is one time payment. Bhutan visa for us citizens is only possible by using the help of Bhutan tour operator. The same issued Visa will be used book flight tickets. Without visa, travel agents in Bhutan can not book your flight tickets.
You are required to send the copy of your passport copies to your tour operator, who will then apply for your visa. The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once received, the visa clearance will be processed within the next 72 working hours.
At your point of entry you will be required to show your Bhutan visa clearance letter duly sent by your Tour Operator, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
Bhutan Tour Package Cost
Bhutan tour package cost in peak seasons is $225 and $200 during off season if you directly book with local tour operator (Bhutan Wonderland).
Minimum Bhutan Visit cost
- The minimum daily package covers the following services:
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals.
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the entire extent of your stay.
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights).
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours.
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges.
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum Bhutan tour package cost for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August & December.
- USD $225 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October & November.
These rates are applicable as per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
- On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
- The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations all listed on this website. If you accommodation is not listed on this website then it is not licensed cater for international tourists.
- The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to your arrival in Bhutan.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single Person: US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons: US$ 30 per person per night
- The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
- The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- 50% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 14th
- Visitors availing discounts under Sections A, B & C shall not be eligible for discount under E.
Detailed information on flights, tour and trekking programmers, festivals, places of interest, hotels, etc can be obtained from us.
Bhutan Travel Packages from USA
The Bhutan travel packages from USA can be stretched from 5 nights / 6 Days to 14 Nights / 15 Days depending upon your holiday packages. The best recommendation Bhutan tour packages from USA will be at least 6 Nights / 7 Days tour. Travelling to Bhutan from US or USA is not easy and its costly when booking Flights to Bhutan. Tours to Bhutan from US can also be customized with Hiking and festival events.
Flights to Bhutan from USA
There is no direct flights to Bhutan from USA. Bhutan flights from USA can be connected via Singapore, India, Bangkok and Thailand.
United States to Singapore Flight Information
Bangkok to United States Flight Information
Bhutan Weather and Climate
Bhutan experiences four distinct seasons: Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring but the climate varies with elevation from a subtropical one in the south to temperate in the highlands and an alpine climate with round the year snowfall in the north.
|Months||Min Temp||Max Temp||Rainfall in CM|
Bhutan weather in December to February
Bhutan weather in December to February are the coldest months, especially in the mountains, but the skies can really be clear and reward those who can brave the low temperatures. The valleys are warmer and sunny during the day with clearer views of the incredible Himalayas. There are fewer tourists around, so sometimes you can have all the place for just yourself and this can a sheer advantage for you.
Bhutan weather in March to April
March and April are popular times to travel to Bhutan as the climate is pleasant and the valleys are abundant in flowers of various species. The blooming of flowers will have started by then. Paro Tshechu (festival) usually is on early April, so book your trip ahead to get the best accommodation and flights.
Bhutan weather in May
Temperatures start to shoot northwards in May, bringing humidity as well as clouds all over. However, fewer visitors and lower prices can be a bonus and make it a perfectly viable time to visit. The rhododendrons would also still be in bloom which can be ideal for photographers and nature lovers.
Bhutan weather in June – August
June to August , and sometimes till September is monsoon time in Bhutan. Although showers can occur at night without killing your daytime experiences, conditions aren’t ideal for trekking. Sightseeing can still be done, but have a raincoat handy! You can go to a spa or take a hot stone water bath. But morning views are at their very best after night-time downpours, the smell of the air and the earth, you will have it all.
Bhutan weather September
September, October and November are excellent times for hiking, watching festivals, particularly the popular Thimphu Tshechu (festival) and enjoying the stunning views of mountains, valleys and the flora and fauna. Expect temperatures to be around 20-25°C in the sun during the day, but it will be a lot cooler in the evenings/mornings and at higher altitudes. So don’t forget your woolens.
Bhutan weather in October
About 80% of all international visitors want to visit Bhutan in October, there’s a dead rush, a rat race, so plan well in advance to ensure you get your preferred accommodation and Druk Air flights. Pl also note that Druk Air planes have a capacity of 180 pax.
Bhutan weather in November
Black-necked cranes migrate from the cold Tibetan Highlands to the protected Phobjikha Valley each year and also to Bumdeling in eastern Bhutan. They remain in the region from late October to early February. In Gangtey Monastery in Phobjikha, a special Black Necked Festival is held every November to celebrate the arrival of the birds. Pl note and plan in advance if you want to be part of it.
Places of Interest during your trip to Bhutan
It truly relies upon what you plan to see and experience amid your visit to Bhutan from USA. The heavenly Dzongs, Buddhist Monasteries and landmarks; the shocking, flawless valleys and mountains; the old Bhutanese workmanship and antiques; the one of a kind design; beautiful Mask Dances; the Tshechu celebrations of various valleys; the different mountain treks on offer; and the Bhutanese culture and convention that is as yet in place and cased even today. On account of protection endeavors by the administration, Bhutan is a living exhibition hall. Bhutan’s scene and culture is so various crosswise over various areas that it offers unmistakable charms and environs for investigation and experience to the lively voyager.